Hello and welcome to my website dedicated to inspiring and educating visitors about the amazing art/craft of sculptural needle felting. This website is the result of so many wonderful letters from people who have recently learned about needle felting and are excited to learn more – MUCH more! And believe me, I know the feeling well. I discovered needle felting in 2007 and there was very little information online about needle felting. As soon as I felt confident enough to share my work online people starting asking me how it’s done. I made videos and put them on YouTube to show some of my online friends and before I knew it those videos were being viewed tens of thousands of times. I’ve received hundreds of emails thanking me for those YouTube videos.
Here you will find all kinds of useful information including videos demonstrating the different materials and supplies used for needle felting. I offer free video workshops and host my premium DVD video workshops online so people all over the world can watch them on their computers without having to wait for the mail. I share links to suppliers and I proudly share my students’ work in the Gallery. And if you want to learn more about me and my needle felted dolls please visit my original Felt Alive website at www.feltalive.com
I hope you enjoy exploring my website and thanks so much for visiting!
Felt Alive Wool Sculptures
When I bought the membership to The Needle Felters Workshop, I got more that I was hoping for… I discovered the Wonder-needle felting-Land. The videos are so easy to follow that soon enough I was creating wool sculptures, yes!! Doll’s faces with expression, nice eyes and capable to stand for themselves. I am pretty happy to be member of this website. I’ve found pictures, post and advices from other wonderful members… It is a happy community and I’m glad to be part of.
Sign up NOW!
I have watched countless felting videos, whether on Youtube or felting sites or what have you and I am confident in saying that these videos are the best out there. The projects are easily amended to fit your own taste, and Kay’s ability to break the basics down into easily followed steps makes them easy to follow. Also, whereas some videos have er, ‘holes’ in them, Kay has an uncanny sense of when to elaborate on a technique or procedure so that the student is rarely left wondering. It’s also pretty terrific to be able to contact Kay via email with any questions you do have. If you have reached that dreaded impasse where you have got the basics down and are now ready to really branch out and begin to produce felting that is structurally sound *and* uniquely your own, get this workshop! I can’t begin to say how much I have learned and continue to learn from these wonderful videos.
Online Videos + Kit
- Start Today: Instant Access to the full library of Felt Alive Video Workshops
- Fun & Easy: Felt Alive Videos make learning how to needle felt easy and fun!
- Everything You Need: Kit includes everything you need to get started!
- Kit Ships FREE!: Include a kit and we’ll ship it to you anywhere in the world for FREE!
What You’ll Learn
- learn needle felting ‘lingo’ and terminology
- learn about selecting wool for your projects
- learn how to determine what felting needles to use for what task
- learn the safe use and care of felting needles
- learn how to form, shape and sculpt basic shapes
- learn how to attach and securely connect needle felted parts
- learn the basics of working over wire armatures
- learn how to create fully jointed and flexible creations without the use of wire armatures
- learn all about needle felting hair
- learn the magic of needle felted faces – needle felted eyes, teeth, expressions, blush, shading!
- learn how to needle felt clothes – from head to toe!
- learn how to finish the ‘fuzzies’
- learn how to make structurally sound needle felted creations
- learn all the techniques you’ll need to bring your own ideas to life
- learn lots of tips and tricks to help you on your needle felting journey!
If you want to learn how to needle felt but aren’t sure where to start – Felt Alive Needle Felting Workshops on DVD are your answer.
Needle felting books are great for inspiration but actually watching a needle felted character come to life while each step is explained is the best way to learn! My needle felting DVD workshops are fun and easy to follow. It’s like having your own personal needle felting instructor! Work at your own pace, pause, rewind and review. Follow along with me and you will be amazed at how easy it is create a unique and artistic needle felted character of your very own.
Any of my Felt Alive DVD Workshops will teach you a comprehensive set of skills to complete an amazing needle felted character. From needle felted art dolls, needle felted dogs and fantasy characters, you are sure to find the needle felting workshop that is right for you! After you have finished, you will realize you have all the skills you need to create any needle felted project you can imagine. And before you know it you will be making special needle felted gifts, selling your creations and even teaching others how! Needle felting is a great way to earn extra money.
I film my workshops in my studio and narrate unscripted every step of the way. I share my knowledge, my skills, my pitfalls and my joy that I’ve discovered on my own needle felting journey.
And while you are here in my shop, make sure to check out my Felting Needles!
Cushioned handle, permanently affixed, gives a comfortable grip.
Color-coded to accompany all Felt Alive Video Workshops.
Single Needles & Multiple Needles affixed together
Double Point Felting Needles – Double your speed and double your fun!
Quad Point Felting Needles – 4 needles in one!
Original Design – used by needle felters around the world since 2009